- 10 August, 2020 - 14 August, 2020
08:00 - 17:00
PADI Open Water Diver: Aug 10-14, 2020
Pitt Community College
2096 Central Park Dr
Winterville, NC 28590
Fee: There is no fee for this training
Registration: If registering more than one officer, please email with the names and business email addresses of the other officers who will be in attendance.
Length: 5 days (40 hours)
Designed For: This course is intended specifically for law enforcement and corrections officers actively engaged in diving or building a dept dive unit.
Instructor: Pro Scuba Center
- Bring your own mask, fins, snorkel, and dive boots (Available at Rum Runner Dive Shop in Greenville where we will be diving, or your choice of shops/online)
- Medical Questionnaire: www.proscubacenter.com/en/scuba-medical-questionnaire
- Accuracy is a must on height and weight
- Must be able to pass swim test
- Swim 200 metres/yards (or 300 metres/yards in mask, fins and snorkel). There is no time limit for this, and you may use any swimming strokes you want.
- Float and tread water for 10 minutes, again using any methods that you want.
- Lodging: Responsibility of the officer and their sponsoring agency
- Meals: Responsibility of the officer and their sponsoring agency
- Equipment: All scuba gear provided by Pro Scuba Center, must bring items listed in prerequisites
- First 3 days will be in Greenville, NC. Last 2 days will be in Wendell, NC @ Mystery Lake Scuba Park.
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development to understand basic principles of scuba diving,
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills,
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear including a buoyancy compensating jacket that holds your scuba tank and weight system, a scuba regulator that delivers air, a dive computer, and standard accessories. The scuba gear you wear will be chosen by a PRO SCUBA CENTER staff to ensure your comfort and will be provided throughout the course. You will need to invest in your own mask, snorkel and fins by the second day of class since these personal items are a lot more fun to use when they fit properly. You will also wear a scuba wet suit to enhance the comfort and relaxation during the PADI Open Diver Course.
MANTA training is provided free of charge to Law Enforcement Officers through a Governor’s Crime Commission Grant and the NC National Guard Counterdrug Program.
For more information or to receive help in registering for a class, contact us at: