13 July, 2021 - 15 July, 2021
08:00 - 17:00
Ballistic Shield: July 13-15, 2021
Location: Cornelius Police Department
21440 E Catawba Ave
Cornelius, NC 28031
Fee: There is no fee for this course.
Length: 3 days (24 Hours)
Designed For: Corrections officers and sworn law enforcement – federal, state, or local.
Lodging, Meals and Incidentals: Responsibility of the officer and their sponsoring agency
Instructor: Bruce Dixon
Description: This course is designed for officer safety enhancement in high risk applications when confronting armed subjects. Course materials cover: Shield movement and force employment in situations where a shield is called for. Training in a tactical team environment, and as an expedient patrol option. Ballistic Shield Theory, Movement with the shield in deliberate and dynamic clearing techniques, live fire practical applications and scenario driven (Simunitions) live fire exercises. The ballistic shield is a valuable tool when utilized properly.
Items Needed for Attendance:
- Ballistic Shield w/light or flash light mounting capability
- Duty Handgun with 200 rds training ammunition
- Tactical belt, holster, helmet, and related clothing
- Eye, ear, and ballistic vest protection (min level NIJ Rated II) required for all practical applications
- Weapons mounted pulse beam (laser)
- Ballistic Shin Guards
- Shield retention/neck strap
- Simunitions handgun or barrel replacement
MANTA training is provided free of charge to Law Enforcement Officers through a Governor’s Crime Commission Grant and the NC National Guard Counterdrug Program.
For more information or to receive help in registering for a class, contact us at: