Event Phone: 984-664-7649
19 March, 2018 - 23 March, 2018
08:00 - 17:00
SPECIAL RESPONSE TEAMS I: March 19-23, 2018
Oak Grove Tactical Training Center | 158 Rushing Road, Hoffman, NC 28347
Registration: If registering more than one officer, please email with the names and business email addresses of the other officers who will be in attendance.
Length: 5 days (40 hours)
Designed For: This course is intended specifically for law enforcement officers actively engaged SWAT/SRT operations.
Lodging: Lodging is available at the Pine Inn for $44/night/room. Double rooms are available for shared occupancy. The Pine Inn is located at 175 Persimmon Dr, Pinebluff, NC 28373. Phone: (910) 969-1080 The Pine Inn is approximately 6.3 miles from the training site.
Meals and Incidentals: Students and their sponsoring agencies are responsible for meal expenses.
Fee: There is no fee for this training
Instructor: Cpt. Bruce K. Dixon
Prerequisites: Students must be sworn law enforcement officers currently serving on a SWAT/SR Team or currently serving in a law enforcement capacity as a member of the United States Armed Forces. Priority of registration is given to NC state and local civilian law enforcement officers. All participants should be in good general health and physical condition and capable of performing minimal physical skills associated with field exercises described in this course.
- Lodging: Discounted lodging is available to attendees for $44.00 per room/night- paid directly to the Pine Inn. Double rooms are available ($22.00/per person). Please confirm your intent to use the available housing when registering for this course.
- Meals: Meals are the responsibility of the attendee and their sponsoring law enforcement agency. There are several reasonably priced restaurants within a short distance of the training site. However, it is advised to bring a cooler and/or pack lunches.
- Recommended Equipment: Ballistic vest and helmet, eye and ear protection, camel back for water, day bag for equipment, communication equipment (portable radio and cell phone), simunitions weapons (if available), ballistic shields, duty and tactical weapons, mounted tactical lighting, ammunition, and weapons cleaning kit.
- Ammunition: Provision of ammunition for live fire exercises is the responsibility of the attendee and their sponsoring agency. The anticipated round count is 250 (minimum) – 400 rounds per weapon system. Please plan accordingly.
Description: This course is a basic law enforcement tactical team course designed to instruct the student in officer safety techniques and team protective measures during a tactical team deployment in high risk operations against armed suspects. The course focuses on enabling the student to learn the presented tactics and techniques through classroom lessons, supported by live fire ranges and practical exercises. Practical exercises are decision oriented, requiring analysis during stressful tactical team missions in armed ‘force on force’ simunitions scenarios.
Objectives: This course prepares responders equipped and trained to operate in urban and rural environments in both daylight and darkness to deal with wide-ranging incidents and topics including:
- Hostage/barricaded Gunman Situations
- High Risk Search and Arrest Warrant
- Terrorist Incidents
- Security Operations
- Response to Civil Disturbances
- Ballistic Theory
- Weapons Manipulation
- Movement Drills
- Live Fire
- Structure Clearing Operations
- Structure Entry Methods
- Tactical Team Missions
- Low Light Operations
- Vehicle Assaults/Takedowns
MANTA training is provided free of charge to Law Enforcement Officers through a Governor’s Crime Commission Grant and the NC National Guard Counterdrug Program.
For more information or to receive help in registering for a class, contact us at:
Venue: Oak Grove Tactical Training Center
Venue Website: http://www.oakgrovetech.com/oak-grove-training-centerAddress:
The Oak Grove Training Center allows us to create an unparalleled training experience. This 200-acre training center, located adjacent to Camp Mackall, NC, includes several unique features including a 16 man bunk house on site, fire pit, and grill. The training accommodations include several live fire ranges, breaching house, simunition training house with movable walls, and an on site classroom.