Event Phone: 984-664-7034
10 December, 2018 - 14 December, 2018
08:00 - 17:00
Operational Skills and Survival Tactics: 10-14 December 2018
Samarcand Training Academy I 3600 Samarcand Road, Jackson Springs, NC 27281
Fee: There is no fee for this course.
Length: 5 days (40 Hours)
Designed For: Corrections officers and sworn law enforcement – federal, state, or local.
Prerequisites: Attendees must be sworn law enforcement
Lodging, Meals and Incidentals: Samarcand provides lodging and meals at no cost to students. Students must stay in overnight lodging to be eligible for meals. Event registration will close 7 December in order to allow the facility adequate time to properly plan and prepare for student arrival.
Instructor: Kevin Dylus (Blue Ridge Marksmanship)
Description: This hands-on five (5) day (40) hour course focuses on eight essential disciplines needed for increased safety and survival. OSST emphasizes the primary physical and emotional framework necessary for longevity as an officer.
Course curriculum includes:
- Injured officer/ Tactical medical considerations
- Drawing, manipulations, and firing from concealed carry. This segment includes pistol operation and shooting skills from various body positions and vehicles. (Officers are encouraged to bring 700-1000 rounds of pistol ammunition)
- Breaching. This portion exposes the learner to room entry techniques, manual and ballistic breaching, and room clearing techniques. There is no one way to engage in these activities, so the student will be exposed to some of the various techniques available.
- Close Quarter Battle. Students will learn defensive and offensive skills for scenarios ranging from conflicts within vehicles to open area threats.
- Ground Fighting and Edged Weapons. (Offense and Defense) Students will be given a brief primer which includes demo’s and practical exercises.
- Counter Surveillance. Students will learn basic counter-surveillance techniques including: surveillance detection routes, situational awareness, evasive movement.
- Combat Mindset. The instructor will discuss the mindset needed for survival.
- Low visibility operations. Planning and executing operations under low light/limited illumination.
Attire & Equipment: Comfortable field attire is encouraged. This class is geared toward officers performing in their duty environment. Please feel free to wear what you work in.
MANTA training is provided free of charge to Law Enforcement Officers through a Governor’s Crime Commission Grant and the NC National Guard Counterdrug Program.
For more information or to receive help in registering for a class, contact us at: