Event Phone: 984-664-7034
OSST Free Ticket
"Operational Skills and Survival Tactics" is currently sold out.
Please check back again later, as spots may become available.
- 16 November, 2020 - 20 November, 2020
08:00 - 17:00
Operational Skills and Survival Tactics: Nov 16-20, 2020
Gaston County Police Dept.
420 W. Franklin Blvd.
Gastonia, NC 28052
Fee: There is no fee for this course.
Length: 5 days (40 Hours)
Designed For: Sworn law enforcement – federal, state, or local.
Prerequisites: Attendees must be sworn law enforcement
Lodging, Meals, and Incidentals: Responsibility of the officer and their sponsoring agency
Instructor: Kevin Dylus (Blue Ridge Marksmanship)
Description: This an intensive hands-on five (5) day (40) hour course focuses on eight essential disciplines needed for increased safety and survival. OSST emphasizes the initial physical and emotional framework necessary for longevity as an officer.
Course curriculum includes:
- Injured officer/ Basic Tactical Medicine
- Drawing, manipulations, and firing from concealed carry. This segment contains pistol operation and shooting skills from various body positions and vehicles. (Officers are encouraged to bring 400-700 rounds of pistol ammunition)
- Room clearing techniques. There is no one way to engage in these activities so that the student will be exposed to some of the various methods available.
- Close Quarter Battle. Students will learn defensive and offensive skills for scenarios ranging from conflicts within vehicles to open area threats.
- Ground Fighting and Edged Weapons. (Offense and Defense) Students will be given a brief which includes demos and practical exercises.
- Combat Mindset. The instructor will discuss the mindset needed for survival.
- Low visibility operations. Planning and executing operations under low light/limited illumination.
Attire & Equipment: Comfortable field attire is encouraged. This class is geared toward officers performing in their duty environment. Many of the techniques will be presented from the plainclothes perspective of an undercover officer. Please feel free to wear what you work in.
MANTA training is provided free of charge to Law Enforcement Officers through a Governor’s Crime Commission Grant and the NC National Guard Counterdrug Program.
For more information or to receive help in registering for a class, contact us at: