Event Phone: 984-664-7649
25 September, 2017 - 29 September, 2017
08:00 - 17:00
SPECIAL RESPONSE TEAM II: September 25-29, 2017
Camp Butner National Guard Training Center | 539 Roberts Chapel Rd, Stem, NC 27581
Length: 5 days (40 hours)
Designed For: This course is intended specifically for law enforcement officers actively engaged SWAT/SRT operations.
Prerequisites: Students must be sworn law enforcement officers currently serving on a SWAT/SR Team or currently serving in a law enforcement capacity as a member of the United States Armed Forces. Priority of registration is given to state and local civilian law enforcement officers. Students should have completed SRT I or SWAT I level training (Documentation is required). All participants should be in good general health and physical condition and capable of performing minimal physical skills associated with field exercises described in this course.
- Billeting: Billeting will be provided at no charge to attendees. We ask that you provide your own linens as supply cannot be guaranteed.
- Meals: Meals are the responsibility of the attendee and their sponsoring law enforcement agency. There are several reasonably priced restaurants within a short distance of the training site.
- Recommended Equipment: Ballistic vest and helmet, eye and ear protection, camel back for water, day bag for equipment, communication equipment (portable radio and cell phone), simunitions weapons (if available), ballistic shields, duty and tactical weapons, mounted tactical lighting, ammunition, and weapons cleaning kit.
- Ammunition: Provision of ammunition for live fire exercises is the responsibility of the attendee and their sponsoring agency. The anticipated round count is 250 (minimum) – 400 rounds per weapon system. Please plan accordingly.
Description: To expose students to advanced methods and strategies used to resolve stand-off situations that pose a risk to the community, citizens and law enforcement. This course builds on MANTA’s SRT I course.
Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss importance of combat readiness and conduct a series of physical training drills.
- Discuss the challenges SRT operators face in lethal confrontations and how to prepare mentally during training.
- Safely manipulate and tactically operate a sub-machine gun during a series of training exercises on the firing range and in the shoothouse.
- Identify the components of operational planning and execute a pre-rehearsed plan as part of a mock callout.
MANTA training is provided free of charge to Law Enforcement Officers through a Governor’s Crime Commission Grant and the NC National Guard Counterdrug Program.
For more information or to receive help in registering for a class, contact us at:
Venue: Camp Butner Training Center
539 Roberts Chapel Rd, Stem, NC 27581